Administrative point-of-sale (APOS) The is a desktop workstation enabling agency ticket-office staff to sell and recharge electronic fare media and perform a wide range of customer service tasks. The APOS can be optionally equipped to support photo ID card production,
Through the use of the Genfare Retail Point-of-Sale terminal, customers may make purchases or add value to their existing smart card. More Information
Retail Point-of-Sale Process:
- First, the retail clerk must specify the nature of the transaction to be performed through the touchscreen interface.
- Once prompted, the retail clerk must place the smart card within range of the card reader.
- Results of the transaction will appear on the retail clerk’s display screen, as well as the customer’s display screen.
- Once the customer is content with the products or added value they have purchased, the transaction will be completed through the retail clerk’s Point-of-Sale system.
- Once the final transaction is approved, the value will be encoded on the smart card and the customer will be provided with a receipt.